PDPA Declaration and Data Protection Policy
By signing up as member or family member of Singapore Government Staff Credit Cooperative Society Limited (SGSCC)
You bound to consent to SGSCC, staff and committee of management of SGSCC, its related Cooperatives and its APEX bodies for collecting, using and disclosing your personal data, and sharing such personal data among Cooperatives and its related organisations.
you also consent to contact you via email, postal mail, SMS, telephone call and other phone number based messaging about products and services offered by SGSCC and its APEX bodies including the registrar of Cooperatives, SGSCC Staff and members of the Committee of Management, credit bureau and debt collector regardless of your registration(s) with the “Do Not Call registry”.
You have read, agree and consent to SGSCC’s PDPA Declaration and Data Protection Policy.
Effective from 1st July 2014
The purpose of this declaration and policy is to inform you as to how SGSCC manages Personal Data collected from its members which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012, so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting and submitting information to us, or signing up as member of SGSCC, you agree and consent to SGSCC and its related cooperative bodies, credit bureau and debt collector collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your and your family members’ Personal Data.
This declaration by you supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to SGSCC in respect of your or your family members’ Personal Data.
SGSCC may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, Cooperative movements or events and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time by SGSCC and/or on our website www.sgscoop.sg.
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified as member or family member of SGSCC (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC (particulars available in front and back of NRIC) or other identification number, details of passport or other travel documents, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, transactional data, bank name, branch and account number, any other data or other particulars provided to SGSCC, details of employer’s and related documents including payslip and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms (including in the form of biometric data), or via other forms of interaction between the member or family member and SGSCC.
SGSCC collects Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit any form, including but not limited to application, declaration, proposal or referral forms;
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions and transactions with us, or when you use SGSCC products and services;
- when you interact with our staff, including customer service officers, relationship/business development managers and other representatives, for example, via telephone calls (which may be recorded),SMS, letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, email, postal mails and website/internet submissions;
- when your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events/meetings hosted by us like annual general meeting, extraordinary general meeting, bursary awards presentation, anniversary dinner and dance, local or oversea tours and travels, marketing and recruitment processes, etc.
- when you use our services provided through online and other technology platforms, such as websites,
- when you request us to contact you for any queries or advices; or when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data for our promotions and other initiatives;
- when you are contacted by, and respond to, our customer service officers, marketing and business development officials and other staff;
- when you submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information including your resume and/or curriculum vitae in connection with any appointment as an officer, director, representative or any other position;
- when we seek information about you and receive your Personal Data in connection with your relationship with us for SGSCC products, insurance policies or job applications, for example, from other cooperative organisation, public agencies, your current or ex-employer and the relevant authorities;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
- when you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information on your spouse, children, parents or family members, sureties or colleagues), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to you for providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
- You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in inadequate data or our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
SGSCC collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to, processing and handling your complaints, queries, requests, feedback and suggestions;
- verifying your identity;
- Managing the administrative and cooperative operations of SGSCC and comply with cooperative policies, procedures, by-laws, rules and regulation.
- Matching any Personal Data held which relates to you or your family members for any of the purposes listed herein;
- requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research and/or analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to design our products, understand member’s or family member’s history, preferences and to review, develop and improve the quality of SGSCC’s products and services;
- organising promotional or family oriented cooperative and developmental events;
- complying with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement, directives and investigations by relevant authorities; and/or
- any other legal purposes to comply with statutes of Singapore.
- These purposes may also apply even if you do not maintain any account(s) with us, or have terminated these account(s).
Disclosure of Personal Data
SGSCC will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be provided, for the purposes listed above, to the following entities
- Singapore National Cooperative Federation (SNCF),
- Registrar of cooperatives (ROC),
- Related and other cooperatives,
- Credit bureau,
- Credit reporting agencies
- Debt collectors,
- Singapore government machineries and legal bodies and
- Other cooperative related organisations.
- hotels, travel agents and foreign embassies in relation to overseas travel arrangements for members, staff, members of committee of management, legal and other advisors and public relations officers.
- commercial shops and retailers in relation to providing loan facilities to members and other member welfare benefits;
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
SGSCC will protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements (firewall) to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our database (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using internet.
While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet by using SGSCC website, internet Banking and by using our hotline for Integrated Voice Response System (IVRS) and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you use such platforms. We recommend that you change your pin often.
If applicable, you undertake to keep your pin/password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any unauthorised person, and to inform us as soon as reasonably practicable if you know or suspect that someone else knows your pin.
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our website. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party websites.